The section features references that have been used in this site. For simplicity of reading in the site, a standard footnote and referencing system has been replaced by a simplified abbreviation of author’s names and page/section numbers have been omitted.
- [A] Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics
- [CO] Confucius, The Anaclets
- [JA] James Arthur, Teaching Character and Virtue in Schools. London: Routledge, 2017.
- [KK] Kristjánsson, K. (2020) Aristotelian Character Friendship as a ‘Method’ of Moral Education https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11217-020-09717-w Studies in Philosophy and Education (2020) 39:349–364
- [KP] Kharunya Paramaguru, 5 Great Stories About Nelson Mandela’s Humility, Kindness and Courage
- [ME] Meye, R. (1988) “Theological Education As Character Formation.” Theological Education, Supplement 1
- [OX] Marvin Oxenham (2019) Character and Virtue in Theological Education, Langham, London
- [SH1] Stanley Hauerwas (2018), The Character of Virtue, Canterbury Press, London
- [YA] Yaran, C. (2007) Understanding Islam, Dunedin Academic Press, Edinburgh
As the author of this site, I am naturally in debt to dozens of other authors who have shaped by own thinking around character and virtue. We rarely think original thoughts, and I am humbled to timidly perch on the shoulders of giants.
(PAGE IN CONSTRUCTION)
This photo is copyright protected